Even if you choose to make your next move with professional movers, there will still be plenty to do on moving day while the professionals do the heavy lifting. Here are a few tips to make your moving day go more smoothly.
1. Start by letting the movers know where to park on moving day. Make it clear as to what you want moved and where in your new home you would like it placed.
2. Make sure the movers have unlocked access throughout the day to every area they will be packing and clearing out.
3. When the move begins, stay out of the movers’ way. This would include having a plan for your kids and pets to be occupied somewhere other than where the moving is taking place.
4. Fragile and valuable items should remain with you. Consider transporting your treasures in your car.
5. Have your cleaning supplies ready and do the final clean of each room as it is emptied. If you don’t have the time, have a professional cleaning company come in and do the cleaning once the move is complete.
6. While it is important to stay out of the way of your movers, you still want to be sure that someone is always around to answer any of their questions.
7. Do a thorough check of every nook and cranny of your home to be sure no personal item is left behind.
Call or email me for more tips to help make your move stress free and for mover recommendations.