Experience will be your best ally when it comes to avoiding pitfalls when buying your first home. We are here to help you avoid these most common mistakes.
1. A real estate agent who doesn’t have your best interests at the forefront or the right tools and resources to assist in getting the job done effectively won’t likely produce good results. Be selective in choosing who will represent you.
2. Relying on a lender just because of a past banking relationship may not yield the best rate and terms for your loan. Explore the competition.
3. In a hot seller’s market, hesitating to put in an offer on a suitable home could mean losing a rare buying opportunity and creating uncertainty when it comes to future prospective properties.
4. Not staying within your budget and moving forward with a higher-priced home can cause you to pinch pennies to make ends meet and trigger unnecessary anxiety.
5. If you are in the midst of a seller’s market and you have not been preapproved for a loan, your offer is in a very weak position. You risk losing every buying opportunity until you do get preapproved.
6. You will miss valuable buying opportunities if you make your home search parameters too broad. Don’t spend too much time looking at properties that really aren’t for you. Narrowing down what features of a home are on your bucket list will allow you to home in on those properties from the start.
We are here to ensure you have a smooth home-buying experience. Call or email us and let us help you avoid these mistakes and other potential pitfalls.