Top-notch first impressions of your home can help ensure its successful marketing but also create an inviting feeling to your casual visitors when they step onto your property. Boosting curb appeal doesn’t have to be an expensive undertaking or one that takes weeks to accomplish. As a matter of fact, a whole lot can be achieved in just one day. Here are six easy ways to create a first impression that is a lasting one.
1. Start with a thorough cleaning of the front porch slab, door, windows, walls and ceiling. This will set the stage for your curb appeal makeover.
2. If scrubbing down the front door doesn’t make it visually “pop,” then paint it a colour that complements the colour of the house but also brings a visitor’s eye to the entry with some brightness.
3. An easy and fun fix is to find a new doormat with a classy look, often incorporating colour that coordinates with the front door. What an inexpensive way to take your curb appeal up a notch!
4. While shopping at the home improvement store for paint and a doormat, be sure to check out the aisle with new house numbers, especially if your old ones are dingy and cannot be cleaned up. Be sure the style of the numbers is in tune with the character of the front of your home.
5. If you shop carefully, you can also find reasonably priced new door hardware to harmonize with the new house numbers.
6. To add additional colour, introduce well-placed potted flowers on the porch and the entry walkway. Low-maintenance plants will endure through the season without requiring a lot of attention.
If you’d like additional ideas to boost curb appeal, we’re always here to provide guidance. We’re just an email or call away.